What's the procedure?
This is how arbitration under the SCC Rules and the SCC Rules for Expedited Arbitrations is commenced.
Arbitration is commenced when the claimant files a request for arbitration with the SCC. At the same time as the request is filed, the claimant shall pay a registration fee.
The Request for Arbitration, which also constitutes the Statement of Claim, shall include:
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses of the parties and their counsel,
- The specific relief sought, including an estimate of the monetary value of the claims,
- The factual and legal basis the Claimant relies on,
- Any evidence the Claimant relies on,
- A copy or description of the arbitration agreement or clause under which the dispute is to be settled,
- Where claims are made under more than one arbitration agreement, an indication of the arbitration agreement under which each claim is made; and
- Comments on the seat of the arbitration.
EU companies are requested to state their VAT No.
Electronic case management - submission of the request for arbitration
The request for arbitration and annexes should, to the extent possible, be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
*Only if the request for arbitration cannot be sent by electronic means, paper copies should be sent to:
Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
P.O. Box 16050
*Please note that if the scope of the request of arbitration and/or annexes is extensive, e.g. comprising ring binders and/or material presented on other media, making it unsuitable for electronic submission, the documentation should be provided to the SCC in as many copies as necessary to make it possible to send a copy each to the respondent(s), the SCC and the arbitrator(s).
Under the SCC Rules the registration fee amounts to EUR 3000 (VAT not included). Registration fee (VAT included) is EUR 3750. Under the Rules for Expedited Arbitration ("Expedited Rules") the registration fee amounts to EUR 2500 (VAT not included). Registration fee (VAT included) is EUR 3125.
Companies with their seat outside of Sweden do not pay VAT on SCC registration fees. The registration fee should be paid to the account below:
Bank: Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken AB (publ)
Beneficiary: Stockholms Handelskammares Service AB
Account No. (IBAN): SE1350000000051238225837
VAT No. SE556095795201
When effecting the payment, please indicate the claimant's name as reference.
Please attach a copy of the bank transfer details to the request for arbitration