Stockholm Treaty Lab: Deadline passed, 22 teams submitted entries
The deadline for submissions to the Stockholm Treaty Lab innovation contest passed on 28 February 2018. A total of 22 teams from around the world submitted entries, including their proposed texts for a model treaty seeking to generate and protect green investments.
The Treaty Lab jury will soon begin their review, assessing each team’s submission against the assessment criteria. Jury members are the following experts within international law, economics and climate science:
- David W. Rivkin is a Partner at Debevoise & Plimpton and the Immediate Past President of the International Bar Association (IBA).
- Per Klevnäs is a Partner at Material Economics. He previously worked at the Stockholm Environment Institute and the New Climate Economy.
- Michael Lazarus is the Director of the U.S Center of the Stockholm Environment Institute and an expert in energy and environmental analysis.
- Mutchucumaraswamy Sornarajah is Professor of Law at the National University of Singapore and has authored several books on public international law.
- Annette Magnusson is Secretary General of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce and the driving force behind the Stockholm Treaty Lab Prize.
To allow the jury to make a blind review, the names and affiliations of team members will be removed before the submissions are forwarded to the jury.
It is expected that the winning team will be announced in May 2018.