SCC invites to conference in connection to Frankfurt Moot
Dr. Sabine Konrad, Prof. Kaj Hobér, Dr.Charles Poncet, and Mr. Georgios Petrochilos are some of the speakers at a half-day conference co-organized by the SCC in connection to the Frankfurt Investment Moot Court on 11 March.
The Frankfurt Investment Moot Court has chosen the SCC Rules for its 2016 competition. In connection to the Moot Court, the SCC invites to a conference about the key elements of the SCC’s rules as reflected in its investment caseload.
This half-day conference is free of charge and will present best practices and the latest trends in investment arbitrations, based on an overview of more than 70 investment cases handled by the SCC. Other subjects will include transparency, TTIP and the current ISDS discussion.
Register here Program
Conference speakers will include:
- Dr. Sabine Konrad, Partner, McDermott Will & Emery LLP, Frankfurt
- Alexander Foerster, Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, Stockholm
- Eva Kalnina, Senior Associate, Lévy Kaufmann-Kohler, Geneva
- Arne Fuchs, Associate, McDermott Will & Emery LLP, Frankfurt
- Prof. Kaj Hobér, Chair of the SCC Board, Uppsala
- Georgios Petrochilos, Partner, 3 Crowns, Paris
- Veijo Heiskanen, Partner, Lalive, Geneva
- Dr. Charles Poncet, Partner, CMS, Geneva
- Dmitri Evseev, Partner, Arnold & Porter, London
- Natalia Petrik, Legal Counsel, SCC Secretariat, Stockholm
Moderators will be Christoph Schreuer, Zeiler Partners, Vienna, Doak Bishop, King & Spalding, Houston, and Ginta Ahrel from Lindahl, Stockholm.
The Frankfurt Investment Arbitration Moot Court is the international student competition focusing on investment protection. The students present their arguments orally before tribunals of arbitration compose of investment treaty specialists. This year the rules will be the Arbitration Rules of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.