Available positions at the SCC
In the list below you can find all our current open positions.
Legal Counsel to the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce
The Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC) is one of the world’s leading venues for dispute resolution. Every year, the SCC manages approximately two hundred commercial and investment disputes, involving parties from more than 40 countries.
The SCC is part of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce, the leading business organisation for the Stockholm and Uppsala Capital region.
The SCC is expanding its team and is now hiring a legal counsel to assume responsibility over a new fourth division at the SCC Secretariat.
The Secretariat handles the daily case management and prepares and executes SCC Board decisions. This includes decisions regarding prima facie jurisdiction, appointment of arbitrators, challenges to arbitrators and the costs of the arbitration.
The Secretariat’s multilingual staff also organizes events, speaks at conferences around the world, and produces articles and other publications. The Secretariat’s office is located in the centre of Stockholm.
The main responsibilities and tasks of the legal counsel include:
- Managing an annual case load of approximately 50-60 Swedish and international disputes, with the assistance of a case administrator.
- Presenting cases for the SCC Board; researching and proposing Board decisions.
- Representing the SCC at conferences and events in Sweden and internationally.
- Preparing reports and articles on SCC arbitration, with a focus on procedural practice.
- Contributing to various other projects and initiatives as necessary.
- Managing escrow services on behalf of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Since earning your law degree, you have acquired at least 2 years’ experience at a law firm, government agency, organisation or the equivalent. The position requires fluency in Swedish and English. Additional language abilities are considered an advantage.
The SCC legal counsels work independently and manage heavy caseloads. It is therefore essential that you have strong legal analytical skills, are used to making decisions, have a keen attention to detail, and enjoy managing several projects at the same time.
At conferences and events, the SCC legal counsels are ambassadors for the SCC and Swedish arbitration. Therefore, it is important that you enjoy speaking in front of groups, that you are open and outgoing, and that you have a high sense of professionalism.
Read more >>here